Every issue of Canadian Cowboy Country contains beautiful photography by some of the best Western photographers in the field. Now, it’s time for you to show us what you’ve got, and win a chance to be a part of our August/September Photography Issue!
1. Ranch Life
3. Western Lifestyle
5. Smartphone Shot (photos in this category must have been taken on your smartphone and display some aspect of the Western lifestyle)
The 2016 Canadian Cowboy Country Photography Contest begins December 1, 2015 and runs until June 1, 2016. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 1, 2016 AT 10:00:00 PM MST.
WHO MAY ENTER
Contest is open to amateur photographers. All entrants must reside in either Canada or the United States. Employees of Canadian Cowboy Country and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply.
HOW TO ENTER
Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Files up to 8 MB in size can be sent as attachments. For larger files, please use a sharing service such as Dropbox (free sign-up). The body of your email should include your name, address, telephone number, email address, photo caption, and the category you are entering (see categories above). Use the subject line “CCC Photo Contest”.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person, but each must be sent in separate emails and comply with the following requirements:
1. Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted. Digital files for categories 1, 2, 3, and 4 must be in JPEG (.jpg) format, and must be at least 3,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 3,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image). Digital files for category 5 (Smartphone) must be the highest resolution version of the photo taken on your phone.
2. Photographs must have been taken within three (3) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in a photography contest.
3. Only minor Photoshop work is acceptable, as is minor cropping. HDR images and stitched panoramas are acceptable. Any changes to the original photograph must be noted.
4. Watermarks are unacceptable.
The overall winner will have their photo published on the cover of the August/September issue of Canadian Cowboy Country Magazine and receive a prize that is TBA.
The top three entries for each category will have their photograph published in the August/September issue of Canadian Cowboy Country Magazine.
Other prizes are TBA.
By entering this contest, you give Canadian Cowboy Country Magazine the rights to use and publish your photograph in the print magazine, digital edition and on the web.